This is one of those treats that takes me back a few decades. Memories like listening to my mother read aloud from a good book in front of our wood stove, playing "tickle time" with my dad and sister, and just being together as a family.
And now, when I say that I'm going to make popcorn for an evening snack my daughter asks me, "Can we have sweet popcorn?!" Looks like I have a mini-me on my hands. She has a sweet tooth just like her momma!
Here's the recipe. Hope you enjoy a bowl or two with some of your favorite people soon!
Peanut Butter Popcorn
(Thanks to Debbie J.)
Ingredients:
3 bags of microwaved popcorn, or 2 large bowls of air popped corn
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Karo corn syrup
5 Tbl. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions:
In a medium sauce pan, bring the sugars, corn syrup and butter to a boil.
Allow to boil for one minute, stir the entire time.
Stir in vanilla and peanut butter.
Mix thoroughly and pour over popcorn.
Stir to coat evenly and enjoy!
*Caution: allow to cool just a bit before serving, mixture is very hot at first.*
God bless your weekend! I hope that you enjoyed your 4th of July with family and friends and remembered to thank the Lord for our costly freedom.
In His GREAT grace,

I'm linked up with:

1 comments:
A childhood favorite of mine, too! I think we have Debbie J. to thank for it? Sweet memories, Meg!
Post a Comment