My sweet babies - my blessings!
This week we find out what the Proverbs 31 woman receives as her reward for all her hard labor. It is....
PRAISE!
"Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.”
Proverbs 31:28-29
When those I love the very most take note of my hard work it blesses my heart. Not that I care for my home and family to BE praised, but that will be my reward!
Blessing my husband is a joy for me. His praise is like music to my ears!
I have learned from Courtney, at Women Living Well, that even though our young children may not notice the hard worked we do to keep the home clean and healthy food on the table, they will "rise up" and call us blessed. When they are older, maybe not until they have children of their own, they will realize the sacrifices of time, energy, and finances that were given to bless them. They will rise and praise their momma!
How grateful I am for my own mother - an example of perseverance and faith in God. She taught me to bake, clean, and care for others. Her heart breaks for orphans around the world and her meals bless the body and soul of all who get to enjoy them. She is so very thoughtful and loving - a great blessing to all who know her!
My mother with my daughter, imparting her love of reading to her.
We, as women of the Word, are called to fear God not chase fashion. More important than our outward appearance is the state of our heart. Our honor and reverence of God will turn into diligence, excellence, and thoughtfulness when working in our homes and when serving strangers.
"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates."
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates."
Proverbs 31:30-31
I pray that I daily take to heart that my work in my home and outside the home matters. Even the repetitive, monotonous work matters. When I work with excellence I bless my Father God, my family, and others!
Have a blessed week,

PS - Even though our online study is over, the Proverbs 31 study materials are still available. I highly recommend this study to every wife and mom - whether you have been married for a month or for 40 years. We can all learn from this Biblical example of a godly woman. Visit this page on the Women Living Well site for the free e-book and video series!


1 comments:
I don't think I fully realized what all my mom did for me until a became a mom myself. I'm truly thankful for her. Reading this makes me want to tell her. Thanks for the nudge.
Thanks for linking up!
Mary Beth
Post a Comment