February 25, 2014

Creative Salt Play {Thoughtful Momma Monday}

If your kids like to play and be creative as much as mine, I'd like to share a GREAT play idea with you.



Got a dollar? Here's what you do....

Head to  your local Dollar Tree (or your pantry cupboard) a grab a container of SALT!

Go outside with your kids and set them up with a container to play in, the salt, and tools for creative play (paint brush, spoons, popsicle sticks, beads, chopsticks, cookie cutters, small boxes, cars, trucks, and anything else they will have fun in the salt with). The sky is the limit as to what they can use to play with in the sand.

I laid a couple pieces of colorful paper in the bottom of each tray. This adds color to their play!




 Let them dump all the salt into the tray and have fun! The fun play will last quite a while, just beware... if you let them play for too long and they tire of all that salt, it may end up in the air and in their hair  :o)



If you come across some, I know that your kids would enjoy a shoebox lid full of colored sand! I found a couple craft bags full and we added glitter and various beads to ours, then broke out the cars, trucks and marbles. The variety is endless!



Whatever you do with your children today, enjoy their creative minds and innocence. They are growing up too fast!

Blessings,
 

0 comments: