November 16, 2011

Longing to Linger - GMG

I feel the pressure. I feel pulled in all directions.
I feel the holidays coming.

Why is it that the time of year when family should rest with one another and relax has become the busiest, most stressful time of year?

Finances get tight and tempers get short. We lash out at those we love most.

I pray for PEACE this Thanksgiving and Christmas - PEACE and JOY for my family and for yours.

I hope that we would take time to reflect on the reason for these holidays and not get sweep away by materialism, as every commercial on TV screams that we should.

My heart is feeling the pressure to do and be more, yet I long to linger. Linger with my children over a puzzle, linger with my husband over a cup of coffee, linger in the WORD and let Christ fill me!

I'm so thankful for my Good Morning Girls group - without them I wouldn't be as encouraged to read the Word each day.

My morning time in the Word seems to be cut shorter each day with interruptions - that's life. Yet when I pick up where I left off, later in the day, I'm so blessed by what I read.


Ready to linger...


Today, the sweet gift of the Holy Spirit overwhelmed me...

1 John 4:13
"By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us His Spirit."


And a few days ago, the reminder of the gift of the Son blessed my heart anew...

1 John 4:9-10
"In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."


All for love, God SENT His only Son.
All for love, Christ CAME.
All for love, God SENT His Spirit!


Thank you, Lord for coming to this world - for loving a people who didn't know you. Thank you for loving me and for giving me the greatest gift... yourself.


Have a blessed week,



I'm linked up with the lovely ladies at:



Thank you, Angela, for showcasing our GMG group today!
We ladies are blessed to have one another and to be able to connect daily.

0 comments: