February 3, 2012

Easy Chicken Salad!

Above picture and recipe are from Rachel's blog!
What a sweet friend she is!


This is a quick and simple recipe that makes plenty of chicken salad to feed your family or company! I love to whip this up and enjoy it for a couple of days. Serve on a buttery croissant or just scoop onto your favorite bed of greens! I love mine with a juicy pickle spear and a side of fruit. Okay... my tummy is growling now :o)


Easy Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
A rotisserie chicken (cooled)
or
3 large chicken breasts
2- 3 celery stalks
1/4 cup onion (more or less)
1/4 cup mayo (more or less)
squirt of yellow mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
If time allows, bake a couple of chicken breasts (seasoned with salt,
pepper and garlic powder) in the oven at 350 for about 30 min.
When cooled, chop up chicken breasts and place into a large mixing bowl.
Chop celery and onion to the size you prefer and add to the chicken.
Scoop in the mayonnaise and squirt in the mustard. The amount of both depends on how "wet" you prefer your chicken salad.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix and taste - add a bit more of anything that's lacking.
Chill and serve on bread or a green salad!

 

This salad makes a GREAT party food!


As I type this recipe, I'm reminded that we can bless others with what we have. Even if it's only a couple of veggies and some chicken, we can still be hospitable!



 
Adding the veggies
 
 
 
Next the mayo and mustard, then to mix it!

 
 
All mixed and ready to serve!


This fed my soul today, and I hope that it encourages you too!


"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10


 
All you have to do is WALK in the good things that God has already prepared for you! You are set up for success today!


Have a blessed weekend,


 
I'm linked up with Janelle over at Comfy In The Kitchen!
Stop by her blog for more delicious recipe ideas!



0 comments: