January 31, 2012

BUT GOD!

It all comes down to the cross - BUT GOD!

This series of Good Morning Girls devotionals is flying by and I'm having fun! The Facebook group that I am a part of is very active and it's great to hear feedback from different ladies as to what they are learning through the book of Ephesians.

This week's verses amaze me. Here they are:


Eph 2:1-7 (NKJV, emphasis mine)
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.


BUT GOD! If it wasn't for God and His GREAT mercy and grace I would probably be dead right now. If not physically, I would be dead in sin. But He saved me!!!


I'm alive in Christ, a new creation. My old man is dead and gone!


I had the privilege of teaching on the life of Jesus, in particular His water baptism, last Friday to a group of kids (ages 2-14). As I read the story of John, the cousin of Jesus, baptizing our Savior I was reminded of Old vs. New.


Jesus' baptism...
what a powerful thing it must have been to witness!

Jesus didn't have to be baptized, but He did so as an example to us.

We, through water baptism, get to:
  1. Testify to the world that we are dead to ourselves and are living for Christ, ready to follow Him every step of the way. (Acts 10:48)
  2. Follow Christ's example - being totally submerged in water and coming up again, symbolizing death, burial, and resurrection. (Matthew 3:13)
  3. Obey God's command of  going into all the world, making disciples and baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
I hadn't intended on sharing on baptism when I sat down to type this but I can't help it!


I was dead in my sin, angry in my heart, fearful of my future... BUT GOD!


God restored relationships in my life, renewed my mind, revived my body, and gave me purpose to live. If you have the time, you can read my full testimony here!

I pray that you are encouraged to respond to God's mercy in your own life.

Also, if you are a believer and have never been water baptized, please talk to a local pastor or church leader. They will be happy to set up a time and place for you to obey God! You can do it!


Have a blessed day,


I'm linked up with:




3 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi thanks for stopping by my blog....I am glad you shared in this post about baptism. You broke it down perfectly. I will have to share this!! Happy Wednesday Link Up :)

Renee said... Best Blogger Tips

I, too, am loving the Ephesians study, especially these verses. It is amazing to think that we were dead in sin and God gave us new life--simply out of His grace and kindness. Thanks for sharing this lovely reminder of all these verses mean to us. Blessings!

The Everett Seven said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post! I really like how you broke down Testify, Follow, and Obey. I will be using it!