"Grace is God's empowerment to do what we are called to do. When we are properly aligned under the leadership God has placed in our lives, grace flows freely."
- Banning Liebscher
Me and my love (and our little girl) ~ Oct. 2011
Our last devotional session of Good Morning Girls was on the book of Ephesians. Certain verses come to mind when I think of being under the protective covering of my husband:
"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is the head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be subject to their own husbands in everything." Ephesians 5:22-24
There is blessing in being aligned properly - according to God's Word. Our husbands are the head of our home and we are told to follow their lead in everything! (as long as it honors God and doesn't break His commands) I am not to only listen to and submit to my hubby when I feel he is right, or when I like his decisions and requests, but always. This commands blessing and grace on my life!
The book Spiritual Java is so encouraging! Here are a few more results of God's grace under the cover of proper authority in our lives (from the aforementioned book):
- God accelerates us towards our destiny (1 Peter 5:5)
- God grants us wisdom - we can learn from the experience of those who are in authority above us, whether our husbands, spiritual leaders, or mentors.
- God provides protection - we are truely under cover (like a big umbrella protecting us in a rainstorm) when we are under His great grace!
- God gives us a strong identity. "Knowing who you are in God produces security, and that security produces confidence." - Banning Liebscher
You are free to be who God created you to be, under the cover of spiritual authority!
So many blessings are sure to follow us as we follow those in authority in our lives. As a married woman that first person is my husband.
I would encourage you, and myself, to pray for our husbands as often as we can. They need our love, support, acceptance, encouragement and submissive hearts if they are to lead our families successfully.
May God bless you and pour His great grace on you today!
Much love,

PS - Don't miss out! The next session of Good Morning Girls begins May 14th! We will be studying the book of Proverbs 31 this summer. It's a great opportunity to be encouraged and challenged to grow in the Word and in our role as wives, mothers and keepers of the home. Read all the details here!
If you are interested in joining a group, please let me know and I can add you to our Women of the Word GMG Group on Facebook! Blessings!
I'm linked up with:






6 comments:
Hi Megan! Thank you so much for linking up to "Two Becoming One" Link-up. I love your post!! Thank you for reminding me that many blessings come when we follow our husbands in all and at all times.. God bless you... I hope you would join in weekly encouragement for marriages... and also share what God puts on your heart!
Monica
www.godsmostprecious.blogspot.com
@God's Most Precious
Thank you for the opportunity to link up! I try to write on here when I can, with two little ones life is stayig pretty busy. Will join you when I can.
God bless you and the ministry of your blog!
I love the picture and love you! God has given you such a gift of wisdom and love for His word... thank you for sharing, my dear friend!!
If I'm not praying for my husband who is?
This question is always at the forefront of my mind.
Hope you'll join me at the link up Tuesday at www.lessonsfromivy.com
@KM Logan
SO true! It's our duty and delight to pray for them!
Would love to link up when I can. Thank you for the invite!
@Chris
Thank you Chris, for the encouragment and for following. I would love to stop by and read your blog. Blessings!
Post a Comment