Fun at the Dallas Zoo!
This momma needs her energy to keep up with two little ones, care for the home and minister to others.
If I don't start the day by eating something with lots of protein and fiber, I'm HUNGRY by 10am! That's a little early for lunch :o) A bowl of cereal for breakfast doesn't cut it anymore.
I have to say... I'm a bit of a smoothie snob. I'm picky! It has to taste good and be thick! One job that I really enjoyed during high school was working at Zumba Juice (before it became Jamba Juice). Making smoothies at home reminds me of all the fun I had and my experience has helped me know the combinations that I enjoy best.
Hope to try some tropical combos this summer... mango, pineapple, and peach (maybe not all in the same drink).
Here are a few favorite smoothies that I enjoy!
Cool and refreshing... and filling too!
Blue-Bana-Berry Smoothie
3-4 lrg. ice cubes
1 cup milk
1 frozen, chopped banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 packet Acai + Acerola Puree (found this at Sprouts - a local natural food store)
1/2 cup raw oatmeal
2 Tb ground flax seed
1 Tb honey
PB Bana Blast ready to spin!
PB Banana Blast
3-4 lrg. ice cubes
1 cup milk
1 frozen, chopped banana
2 Tb smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup raw oatmeal
2 Tb ground flax seed
1 Tb honey
1 packed cup baby spinach
Good for Momma and Jo Jo too!
Food for the soul:
"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of
God."
1 Corinthians 10:31
Hope you will share some of your favorite smoothies with me too - could use a few new ideas!
Have a blessed, safe weekend,

I'm linked up with:
and
2 comments:
Hey, we use the same sippy cups with straws for the little nut's smoothies; they work great! Loved your idea of using oatmeal and I also love to mix in spinach and flax seed. Blackcaps are a common addition as they are healthy and plentiful on the farm. Cold cereal just makes us hungry as well. Love you!
@Rachel- Once Upon a Farm
How funny... great mommas think alike! Enjoy those fresh berries, I miss Oregon berries so much.
Post a Comment