~April 12, 2008~
"I ______, take you ______, to be my wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness." (via)
What a promise! One that I could never live up to, but by the power and help of God's Holy Spirit!
I heard some sad news yesterday that another marriage has come to an end, after almost 15 years. It breaks my heart. Not only will the adults involved be affected, but the children in their family are going through a difficult time as well.
This week in our Good Morning Girls study of Proverbs 31 we read this verse:
"She girds herself with strength, And strengthens her arms."
Proverbs 31:17
And where does our strength come from, whether life is easy or difficult, whether we are abounding in riches, or living in poverty? FROM GOD ALONE!
"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the
secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty,
with plenty or little.
For I can do everything through Christ,
who gives me strength."
Philippians 4: 12-13 (NLT)
This verse is playing over and over in my mind thanks to a Worship CD entitled Seeds Family Worship: Power of Encouragement, Vol. 5. It is such an encouragement throughout the day!
Newlywed joy!
We didn't know what the future held as we skipped down the isle as man and wife (we still don't!) But on this blissful day in April of 2008, my husband and I pledged our love and loyalty and made a covenant with each other and with our Father God to stand by one another through tick and thin, through life's ups and downs. We can and will accomplish this by leaning on the Lord for strength!
Be encouraged today! No matter how bleak life looks, no matter the obstacles or struggles that you endure, God is for you! Another verse that reminds me of God's keeping and strengthening power is:
"I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore."
Psalm 121:1-8
Happy in the arms of my man...
The Lord is trustworthy! For richer or poorer He will keep us. He will keep our families safe, our marriages healthy and our homes peaceful. Trust in Him!
Have a blessed week,
I'm linked up with:

.jpg)






2 comments:
You are so wonderful. Smokin hot wife!
@Anonymous
Thanks, babe! You bless my heart!
Post a Comment