September 7, 2012

My Favorite Homemade Salsa

Nothing beats some GOOD salsa and a bag of chips for a mid-afternoon snack (or any time of day, for that matter!)



Dive right in!

This "snack" was one of my staples food groups in college  :o)  Although back then I was afraid to try my hand at making salsa on my own and settled for Picante Sauce (which I don't buy anymore).

I've overcome my fear and have succeeded, thanks to Ree Drummond over at Pioneer Woman. Her recipe for Restaurant Style Salsa is perfect. Don't have to change a thing!


Simple ingredients turn into a delicious dip!


Here it is, all spelled out for you. For even more details and step-by-step photos, visit The Pioneer Woman's enjoyable website!


Restaurant Style Salsa

Ingredients
1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 cup Cilantro (more To Taste!)
1/2 whole Lime Juice


Directions
This makes a pretty large batch of salsa. I can only fit the can of whole tomatoes in my blender at once. I blend all of the other ingredients together next, and finally mix them together in a bowl.

Try the salsa out with a tortilla chip before you are done, just to make sure the seasonings are right. I tend to usually add a little extra salt.

Refrigerate for an hour before serving. (although sometimes I just can't wait that long)



I really enjoy this salsa on breakfast burritos (along with homemade pinto beans), Chalupa, and nachos. YUM!


Chopped, sliced and diced. 


I LOVE my plastic cutting boards,
as it's so easy to bend them and pour!


Looks like the Mexican flag to me  :o) 


A nice big bowl of salsa (before stirring it together).
Plenty to share with friends!


Hope you enjoy this recipe. It's a keeper and oh so easy!


Have a blessed weekend,





I'm linked up with:



0 comments: