December 6, 2012

Just Checking In

Happy December!
 

I can't believe that Christmas is 19 days away and 2013 is just around the corner!

Time is flying and we are having fun.


Snuggled with a blanket under our Christmas tree.


The past few weeks we have been preparing our Kids Club float for our local Christmas Parade! It has taken lots of work and dedication to complete but my husband and I are blessed to have some great help - his parents!


Last year's Kids Club Float - what a fun, cold day!
 
 
On top of that, my man has been building a shed in our backyard and we just got a puppy from the pound two weeks ago.


A picture of Buster (our dog) would be much more interesting, I know.
I have yet to take one of him!


These things take time and we only have so much of that each day. I like to prioritize and make lists, etc but sometimes I just need to relax and go with the flow... spend an entire morning playing with my little ones (without cleaning up something on the side), enjoy a family outing to the store (without rushing), and listen to the needs of those people that God brings my way (without having all the answers).


Morning fun, decorating gingerbread houses!
 
 
The finished product - pretty houses and kids full of sugar :o)


I pray that I am learning and maturing as time ticks on, may I not be the same wife or mother at the beginning of 2013 as I was this past year.


My heart's cry is, "God, change me! Mold me into the vessel that you have planned me to be - filled with your Spirit and ready to pour out on others your love and forgiveness without thinking twice about it."


Enjoying a sweet treat after learning the story behind the candy cane.
 

May your month be blessed and may Jesus come alive in your heart this holiday season.


In His GREAT Grace,




PS - I will leave you with these verses that are resonating in my spirit this week...

1 John 4:7-11
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
 
 

0 comments: