August 27, 2013

40 Weeks + 1 Day

Why is it that after your "due date" time seems to slow down to a steady crawl?

Last night I had steady contractions for an hour or so and then they let up. Well, okay baby boy, you can stay in a little bit longer but not much. We are ready to see you!

This time around there is no crib, no changing table, no baby monitor, no baby burrito wrap thing... this time is different. I'm different. I know how I mother and what suites me and my family. I feel confident and encouraged.

The pie chart below is 50% true. My mother is staying with us right now while my father is in Oregon on business, so she will definitely know when labor begins... and ends  :o)


 


Thoughts of my water breaking while at the mall yesterday and the park today crossed my mind. Although it has never broken before the end of labor before. Crazy prego fears.

So many thoughts are going through my head, yet I'm determined to stay positive, focused, as relaxed as possible and full of faith. Fear has NO place here and must GO!!!!

I look forward to posting on the birth of my son very soon!

Blessings,






Here are a few pics of some family fun we have had over the past few days. These memories are some of my favorites - right before our family expands :o)



A Cracker Barrel Breakfast with Grammy. What a treat!
Here Mo and Daddy play a game... that neither of them know the name of or rules for.


Checkers with my boy. All he wanted to do was to stack them.
 

Our family of four... for only a little while longer!
 

My girl on the go at the park! She is learning to master the art of riding her bike!


1 comments:

The Everett Seven said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations! Your rainbow promise baby! May your labor and delivery be blessed as I know they will be.