I'd like to introduce to you, dear friends, my NEW SON!
Andrew L. Baldwin, born on August 27, 2013 at 8:46pm.
9 lbs., 2oz. and 21 1/2 inches long!
9 lbs., 2oz. and 21 1/2 inches long!
God answered our prayers for a quick, complication-free homebirth. God is so good! True, active labor and delivery lasted 2 1/2 hours! And this was my biggest baby so far.
My first consistent contractions began around 4:30pm. By the time my midwife arrived, checked my vitals and my cervix, I was dilated to 4 cm - around 6:30pm. Then the fun began.
I will let the pictures do the talking....
Everyone who needed to be there arrived in plenty of time: my midwife, two interns, my friend who took the photographs and my mother-in-law who picked up our other two kids.God orchestrated the entire event, He is so faithful and trustworthy!
My midwife, Amy, said that Andrew's head size was larger than average (14 3/4") AND his left hand was up against his head when he was born. Even so, I experience no tearing! What a blessing!
I'm enjoying the day in bed with my baby boy - he is a pro-nurser and is opening his eyes to look around often. Such a sweetie!
Blessings to you from this thankful momma,

4 comments:
Congrats on the new blessing to your family. -Cassi
So happy for you Megan!
Congratulations!!! Yay! What a beautiful boy and beautiful family.
Megan & Jeff, Your story made me smile, cry (happy tears) and laugh (in 1 pic you are strangling Jeff). Good job leaving it in God's hands. He always comes through for us.
We are so proud of you guys. You and your children are blessed. Love Uncle Tom & Aunt Julie
Post a Comment