August 29, 2011

Fruit Kabob Fun!

If you have a get-together coming up (Labor Day, etc) as summer winds down, here is a fun idea for a "dish" to take with you!
 
 
 
Fruit Kabobs ready for a Luau Party!


Fruit Kabobs

Ingredients:
1 watermelon
Green or red grapes
1 pineapple
2 pkg strawberries
Any fruit that you enjoy!

Directions:
Cut your watermelon in half, length wise.
Use the best looking half to poke kabobs in for display and easy serving.
The other half can be cut into chunks or made into melon balls.
Thread all bite-sized fruit pieces onto wooden skewers in a pretty pattern.
Stick into watermelon half and arrange leftover fruit around it!

 
Here's a creamy fruit dip I found and it was a hit!
I changed it up a bit to serve our needs.
 

Carla's Fruit Dip
Ingredients:
1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
1 small jar (7 oz) marshmellow fluff
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese

Directions:
Mix cream cheese until smooth with hand mixer first, to avoid too many lumps.
Next mix in fluff and whipped topping. Refrigerate until you serve it.
You probablly won't have leftovers  :o)


 
A few pics of the process:

 

All washed, chopped and ready!



 
I got in the groove and followed a pattern that I liked.


I saw this cute idea of serving the fruit dip inside half of a gutted pineapple.
So, I did it and it turned out! I cut up the pineapple and added the chunks to the kabobs.


 
Ready to serve!



 
The kabobs added a special touch to our Luau!



Hope this idea inspires you! It really didn't take much time to prepare. And everyone enjoyed it!

Blessings,




I'm linked up with:

 
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great presentation ! You made it look so easy and fun to do. I must also testify that it tasted great.The dip was superb!