October 3, 2012

Colossians Study {Week 3}



What a blessing my Good Morning Girls group is! They are digging in to the Word of God and each has a different application and insight to share. I really look forward to my quiet time each morning and the chance to connect on line with like-minded women of God!


Me and Val, my amazing GMG co-leader



This week we are reading Colossians 1:24 to 2:5.


Here are a few truths that have stood out to me:

  • I am to walk in the calling that God has given me. I am to be a good steward of His gifts. (vs. 25)
  • Rejoice always - no matter the physical afflictions that come. (vs. 24)
  • Christ in me (the Holy Spirit) reveals the mystery of God to those around me. (vs. 27)
  • Making disciples of Christ requires action! Preach, teach, warn, strive, labor and love. (vs. 28-29)
  • We, as believers, are to be knit together in love. (2:2)
 
 
"How wonderful and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in harmony!"
Psalm 133:1


I am learning so much as we walk through the book of Colossians one verse at a time. So thankful for the encouragement, correction, and insight I receive each day from God's Word. It's only up to me to take the time to sit, be quiet, and listen. God is near, He is waiting for an open heart and a listening ear.


Last week a few of the ladies in our group shared their testimonies... what awesome stories of God's grace and mercy! I encourage you to share the story of how God saved you from sin with someone else. It will bless them and honor God - as He alone will receive the glory!






I pray that you are encouraged this week to know God more. He is more than enough for your every need.



Growing hungry for HIM,





0 comments: