Thoughtful Momma Monday
Are you tired, stressed, sick, or depressed? Is it difficult to speak kindly to your spouse or kids because of negativity in your heart? I've been there before, and am not exempt from those thoughts and feelings again. One thing I've found that turns things around is lifting HIGH the name of JESUS!
Our dancing girl, worshipping JESUS!
July 2011
Turn on some praise music and worship the Lord! He alone can give you the strength, health and peace that you need!
"I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise
to my God while I have my being."
to my God while I have my being."
Psalm 104:33
I remember at my home when I was young, my mother has music going constantly - kids praise as well as worship songs (mostly on cassette, but sometimes on vinyl :o). My sister and I would sing and dance along to the music. It created an atmosphere of joy and peace. That's what I want for my family as well!
Having some musical instruments, ribbon on a dowel rod, or a tutu for little girls to wear are extras that add another dimension of fun! My daughter hears a worship song she likes and asks for her tutu! She is ready to worship the Lord and wants to dress up for the occasion!
Mo with her "glory ring" from Grammy ~ December 2012
"Let them praise His name with the dance;
Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp."
Psalm 149:3
In the New Year I desire to LIFT my eyes to the Lord more often than not. I don't want to waste time moping about or feeling discouraged. My heart WILL delight in the Lord and I WILL rejoice in the joy of my salvation!
"I will sing to the LORD,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me."
Because He has dealt bountifully with me."
Psalm 13:6
I hope you are encouraged to turn up the music and worship with your kids.
Blessings,

I'm participating in The Gentleness Challenge over at Women Living Well. If you are a mother, I would encourage you to stop by Courtney's blog and read more about it. I will grab ahold of the opportunity and encouragement to be more gentle with my children. And I know that God will help me as I rely on His strength!



2 comments:
Happy New Year! The photos of your kids joyful worshiping our Lord are so precious. I found you through Courtney and am excited about her "Gentleness Challenge" for January.
@Valerie
So glad you stopped by! Thanks for saying hello. The challenge came at the right time for me. And it feels like I have a clean slate because of the new year - although every day God's mercies are new for us! God bless you, Valerie!
Post a Comment