My mouth is watering as I type this recipe up. I have wanted to add it to my recipe collection for some time. Every time that I want to make this chicken marinade I have to walk into the living room and search my bookshelf for a lovely yellow and red-spined book.
I enjoyed reading The Language of Baklava, a story about a woman's childhood split between Jordan and the US. Her father loved to cook and her book is peppered with recipes from her culture. This is one of them.
Dinner is ready!
I first tried this chicken marinade on some kabobs because the title screamed TASTY! and I had all of the ingredients on hand. I'm so glad I did! It's a favorite in our home... as soon as the sun warms the earth and it feels the least bit like summer, these kabobs are slapped on the grill.
In our home, the kabobs aren't complete without a cucumber cream sauce smothered on top. I created the sauce by mixing flavors that sounded good together and it was a hit! Getting creative in the kitchen has its perks. I'm slowly getting over my fear of "messing up" recipes and I'm trying new things!
Enough already! It's past my bedtime and I'm hungry now!
Ready to go on the grill
Tastes like summer!
“Distract The Neighbors” Grilled Chicken Kabobs
(you can really use this marinade for any chicken pieces. I just love kabobs)
Ingredients:
4 Tb olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Juice from 1 lemon
1 Tb brown sugar
2 tsp crushed rosemary
¼ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 pounds skinless chicken pieces
Salt & pepper
Veggies of your choice (my favorites to add to the kabobs are red onion, zucchini, and tomatoes)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cut chicken into cubes if you are going to make kabobs.
Place chicken and mixture in a large Zip lock bag to marinate.
This makes for easy clean up, as you can just throw the bag away when finished!
Refrigerate for 3 hours or longer.
Thread chicken cubes and veggies of your choice onto wooden skewers
(that have been soaked in water for 15 min. or so).
Grill over hot charcoal or on gas grill for 10 -15 minutes, turning frequently and basting with marinade. The kabobs go nicely with rice, cucumber cream sauce, and a salad.
Cucumber Cream Sauce
Ingredients:
½ cucumber
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 tsp dill weed
A few dashes of garlic powder
Sea salt – to taste
Peel skin off the cucumber and shred with a cheese grater - using the large holes.
Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
Refrigerate to help firm the sauce a bit, about 30 min before serving.
Serve generously over your favorite rice and kabobs!
Just the way I like it...
I really hope that you try out these kabobs... they won't disappoint.
And thank you, Diana Abu-Jaber, for sharing your family's recipes with us!
Blessings,

I'm linked up with "Feasting in Fellowship Friday" at:

0 comments:
Post a Comment