
This scripture has been on my mind for the past few mornings... I just can't get past this passage. As we all know, the end is near. Not the end of the world, but the end of the world as we know it.
Christ is returning for His bride and I pray that you and I are ready... so many will NOT be ready.
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See [how] the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.This passage comes directly after one about the riches of the wealthy having been corrupted. The rich lived in pleasure and luxury and fatten their hearts. Not too sure how it all fits together, but to me this means to not get too comfortable. To depend on and look to God, not "stuff", to fill us.
You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!
My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience.
Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end [intended by] the Lord--that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful. James 5:7-11 NKJ
In the midst of self gratification, low morals, slander, back-stabbing, hate, and strife may we be found as Christ - compassionate and merciful. We must live by faith, believing that His return is very soon. We need to prepare our hearts and encouraging others to do the same.
I admit, I'm the first to fail. The first to cave, stumble, fall... I'm in GREAT NEED of my Saviour's compassion and mercy. I'm so thankful for His faithful love.
I pray that this passage encourages you to look even closer at what the Bible has to say about "The End". I know that I'm hungry for more of the Truth.
Have a very blessed week,
0 comments:
Post a Comment