September 26, 2011

Easy Cheesy BBQ Chicken

The first day of fall almost slipped past me unnoticed. How very sad! It is my favorite season, but in Texas we have to wait as autumn takes her time. She glides by, ever so slowly, and just as soon as it feels like she has arrived, she is gone! Leaving cold wind and rain in her wake. At least that's been my experience in Texas... Oregon is a different story.



  
Around here it's not too cold and wet (we are having a major drought at the moment) to grill out on the deck - so I thought I'd share a simple recipe that we enjoy as a family!


Cheesy BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:
4 Chicken breasts (one per person)
Your favorite barbecue sauce (ours is Sweet Baby Ray's)
4 - 6 generous slices of cheddar cheese (Tillamook Baby!!!)
8 slices of bacon

Sides that go well with this dish are endless... a few we like are: corn on the cob, green beans, and oven roasted potatoes. Don't forget the fresh brewed iced tea!

1. Cook bacon in the oven - 400 degrees for 12-15 min.
2. Get your grill hot and slap on the chicken! (sometimes I season with a bit of salt and pepper, sometimes I don't)
3. When the chicken looks about done (20 min in or so) start spreading on the BBQ sauce. Flip the chicken and slather some more on! Keep it up until the meat is done. (I usually cut mine open just to be sure it's not pink)
4. Break bacon strips in half . Take chicken off the grill and lay bacon on top of it. About 3 pieces or so each chicken breast - enough to cover it.
5. Lay cheese on top of bacon and let it melt. (Sometimes I pop it in the micro for a few seconds to help it melt)
6. ENJOY!!!


Here's my little one enjoying some Sweet Baby Ray's!!! YUMMM!

Good to the last lick!


What is your favorite barbecue recipe?
Do you prefer to make your own sauce, or do you have a favorite bottled brand?
Please DO share!  :o)


Sep. 30th: Just a quick update... since I typed up this recipe here, I decided to enter it on the Sweet Baby Ray's website. I received an email back the next day thanking me for the recipe and asking for my mailing address so they could mail me some coupons. I sent my address thinking I'd get 50 cents off my next purchase. No! Today I received three coupons for FREE SBR sauce! What a blessing! Sometimes it pays to share.  :o)


Have a blessed week,


I'm linked up with:


0 comments: