October 12, 2011

His Great Name

Good Morning Girls!!!

Four of our fourteen GMG ladies!
We had a wonderful lunch and visit last week.
Me, Deanna (due in March!), Dawn & Barbara (due in Dec with a boy!)
(My son looks like he is trying to escape for his life... lol)


Beautiful Alanah


My girl enjoying the sandbox


My boy - getting so big!


Maddie - such a sweetie!


Paired up :o)

I am a part of a LARGE group of ladies (Good Morning Girls) who are walking through the book of 1 John this fall. Every Wednesday I hope to write a little something about what I'm learning from my time in the Word of God. We are on week 4 of the study and I'm enjoying it so much!

These are some tidbits of encouragement that I have taken away over the past couple of weeks:
  • Just as the author John did, I am to speak what I have seen Christ do in my life. (1 Jn. 1:2) Courtney's challenge to our GMG group on week one was to share our testimony with others. Here is mine.
  • This life is about fellowship! Fellowship with Christ and with others. (1 Jn. 1:3) I was placed in my family, my neighborhood, my circle of friends to participate and contribute. Each of us has talents and gifts that would be missing if we didn't share them with others.
  • I get to be light to those around me! (1 Jn. 1:6-7) Not only are we, as believers, to follow Christ but to BE Christ to others - His hands, His feet, His arms of love...
  • Continually confess my sins, so that I can be forgiven by God - He is faithful!!! (1 Jn. 1:9)
  • Love God by keeping His commands, keeping His commands shows that I truly love Him! It's a win-win situation  :o) (1 Jn. 2:5)
  • I am to forgive others freely and quickly. If I hate my brother, I walk in darkness. (1 Jn. 2:9-10)

Overall... I'm learning A LOT! Most of these truth I have learned before, but am so thankful for the reminders! And, learning alongside my dear friends is priceless! I so enjoy reading different insights and questions that come from my GMG group.


This week I'm stuck on 1 John 2:12:

"I'm writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of His name."

HIS NAME!!! JESUS - the Lamb who was slain. He is the Perfect One, God's only Son! There is power in His name. There is no sin tied to His name - He is spotless!





May you rest and find strength in the name of Jesus this week.

Blessings



Here is a song that came to mind during my time in the Word on Monday. Let's lift up the name of Jesus together! Natalie Grant sings Your Great Name - lyrics are below.




 
Lost are saved; find their way; at the sound of your great name
All condemned; feel no shame, at the sound of your great name
Every fear; has no place; at the sound of your great name
The enemy; he has to leave; at the sound of your great name

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up; that all the world will praise your great name

All the weak; find their strength; at the sound of your great name
Hungry souls; receive grace; at the sound of your great name
The fatherless; they find their rest; at the sound of your great name
Sick are healed; and the dead are raised; at the sound of your great name



I'm linked up with:



0 comments: